LAS VEGAS, September 17, 2014 – Investing in solutions that can help streamline workflows while assisting with protected health information (PHI) security and other compliance efforts is essential in today’s healthcare climate. Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will showcase solutions that address this need, including the imageSPECTRUM Image Management System software (v5.0) during Vision Expo West, September 18 -20, 2014 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas (booth #MS11043). Also on display will be the Canon line of ophthalmic and optometric offerings in combination with the intuitive software to demonstrate a solution that offers image management and increased portability of patient data to help improve workflow processes and reduce appointment times.
The latest version of imageSPECTRUM Image Management System Software (v5.0) is highly scalable and can capture images and instantaneously query, retrieve and view completed studies from a single database – whether in the next room or across the country. For added efficiency and workflow, the imageSPECTRUM Software can help streamline workflow by storing all images and reports in a single patient record thereby eliminating fragmented data across multiple charts, files, and records. In addition, this software is designed to help increase access to important data and facilitate the secure transmission of images in a coordinated care environment. And, imageSPECTRUM Software, which runs on the Windows(r)71 operating system, connects to most new and third-party legacy diagnostic instruments, is fully DICOM2 compliant for increased interoperability and communicates well with most EMR systems.
Available now, Canon imageSPECTRUM Image Management System Software (v5.0) is customizable to the needs of any size practice whether small or large and is designed to help address today’s need for increased data integrity, portability and security. It features integrated password protection and file encryption systems, multi-level user access system security tools, data integrity, extensive audit logging and a complete data archival, as well as a data redundancy and disaster recovery protection system, which can greatly assist Optometrists in complying with the latest HIPAA/HITECH requirements.
Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with additional Eyecare solutions from Canon at Vision Expo West, including:
- CR-2 PLUS AF Non-Mydriatic Retinal Cameras: With the press of a button, users can switch between auto and manual focusing for ultimate control and ease-of-use. The new Autocapture function determines the appropriate moment to capture an image by analyzing when exposure and alignment are ideal.
- CR-2 Digital Mydriatic Retinal Camera: With low flash intensity to minimize pupil constriction, the time required for taking multiple pictures is shortened. In addition, this camera has a lightweight and compact design, and uses only minimal office space for added convenience.
- CX-1 Hybrid Digital Mydriatic/Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: Using the non-mydriatic mode, this device not only saves time and resources but also makes the diagnostic procedure more comfortable for patients with smaller than 3.8 mm pupils. Plus, the hybrid design provides five photography modes including Color, Red-Free, Cobalt, Fluorescein Angiography, and FAF.
- RK-F2 Full Auto Ref-Keratometer: Including a Full Auto Mode allows professionals to automatically align, focus and acquire a reading for one eye and continue to the opposite eye to perform the same function – all with one touch of a button. This feature contributes to a comfortable, efficient screening process for the patient.
- TX-20 Full Auto Tonometer: Designed to be compact and lightweight, the non-contact tonometer is easy to transport and install. With soft air puffs, the TX-20 tonometer easily measures Intraocular Pressure (IOP), which allows doctors to perform simple eye exams efficiently and enhances patient comfort.
- PTS 1000 Automated Perimeter: Incorporating a wide range of analysis tools combined with an intuitive interface, the PTS 1000 Automated Perimeter, which is manufactured by OPTOPOL Technology S.A., is a modern diagnostic instrument for precise and fast testing for field of vision.
For more information about Canon ophthalmic and optometric devices and solutions, please go to www.usa.canon.com/eye-care.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2013† and is one of Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies in 2014. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyoseiphilosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company’s RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
1 Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
2 DICOM is a registered trademark of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association for its standard publications retailing to digital communications of medical information.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.